Thursday, April 9, 2009

I want to swap shoes too!!

Shoe Addicts Anonymous by
Beth Harbison


Selling at RM25
Retails at RM49.90
SOLD
Condition: Pre-loved MINT CONDITION

My thoughts
I just finished reading this book two weeks ago. I must admit I bought it because it was something akin to the shopaholic series which I fell in love with five years ago. After buying it and reading it.... I find myself identifying with the girls, laughing with them, and getting paranoid together with them. It was funny, hysterical and delightful :) Beth Harbison may just be my next fave author yet - clean, crisp writing. To keep me at the edge of my seat, I really enjoyed the several plots going on at the same time - yet it was not too messy.

Synopsis

`Life is all about the perfect fit...'

`Helene Zaharis's politician husband keeps her on a tight leash and cancels her credit cards as a way of controlling her. Lorna Rafferty is up to her eyeballs in debt and can't stop her addiction bidding for Jimmy Choos on eBay. Sandra Vanderslice, battling agoraphobia, pays her shoe bills by working as a phone sex operator. And Jocelyn Bowen is a nanny for the family from hell (who barely knows a sole from a heel but who will do anything to get out of the house).

On Tuesday nights, these women meet to trade shoes, and, in the process, form friendships that will help them each triumph over their problems—from secret pasts to blackmail, bankruptcy, and dating.'

0 comments: